- June 27, 2020 - June 28, 2020
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Interested in learning to film and be filmed doing your favourite tricks?
Take your Instagram and YouTube videos to the next level with our second annual Cam Camp on June 27 and 28.
The Rossland Council for Arts & Culture brings Tristan Martin-Preney back to Rossland for a two-day Cam Camp. Join Tristan on June 27 at the Centennial Trail parking lot and June 28 at the Rossland Skatepark to learn the fundamentals of filming an extreme sport. Registration is $40/day. Each day of camp runs 9am to 4pm.
Open to youth 9 to 18 who skateboard, bike, or scooter at an intermediate to expert level and want to get the most out of their POV cameras, as well as learn how filming can help them progress AND self-promote.
The underlying goal behind the Cam Camp is to share a passion for riding and filming. Participants will learn how to incorporate film into their riding in a fun and productive way. Safety comes first: Take ’er easy and only do tricks you KNOW you can land first, then build on your tricks once you’ve landed them.
- Point of view film gear (if any participants wish, they are welcome to use their own)
- Participants will have access to all footage from the camp
- Tristan creates an edited piece from each camp
What participants will need:
- Skateboard, bike, or scooter + appropriate riding gear (June 27)
- Mountain bike + riding gear (June 28)
There is a maximum of six (6) spaces for each day so register today!