With the generous support of the BC Arts Council, the Rossland Council for Arts and Culture is once again able to offer local artists and arts groups an opportunity to apply for a Resilience Award. These awards are intended to help mitigate the impacts of the Covid 19 pandemic on local artists, and Arts and Culture organizations. It is hoped that these awards will be used to fund art works and projects that will generate work for local artists, and retain the cultural capacity of our community.
This is in support of the reopening of local venues, and the restart of exhibitions and performances, now the current public health orders have been lifted. The awards are intended to develop artistic works that will be shared with audiences, and arts and culture lovers in the Rossland community.
Details of the awards
- Cash awards of up to $5,000 per application.
- Only one application shall be allowed per artist or organization
- All applications must be received by Friday, June 24, 2022
- In order to qualify the applicant must demonstrate that the award will:
- be used to fund a local artist, or local arts and culture production
- generate an artistic work that will be shared with, or benefit the Rossland community.
- ensure that art work or project can be completed by 15 December 2022.
- All qualifying applications will be reviewed by a jury of RCAC board members to determine which proposals will receive the Resilience Award.
- Applicants who were not recipients of the 2021 Resilience Awards shall be given preference over those awarded funds under last year’s program.
- Successful applicants will be notified by Thursday 30 June, 2022. The jury’s decisions shall be final.
- Successful applicants will receive 50% of the amount awarded upon notification.
- The balance of the award will be paid on receipt of satisfactory evidence that the project has been completed.
- The recipient of the RCAC Resilience Award will recognize the support of the Rossland Council for Arts and Culture by featuring the RCAC logo on all print materials, including posters, brochures, tickets and press releases, when the artistic work is shared with the Rossland Community.
How to apply
- Contact Meghan Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the application document
- Submit the application and any supporting documents by Friday, June 24, 2022