The Rossland Council for Arts and Culture (RCAC) will be presenting a juried visual art exhibition entitled, Life in the Kootenays.
Submissions to Life in the Kootenays exhibition should be an artist’s representation of living and working in the Kootenays. The juried exhibition will be taking place at the Miners’ Hall October 25th to 27th, 2019. It is open to all visual artists currently residing in the West Kootenay region.
Artists are encouraged to respond to this theme with new and recent ideas and works. All original visual art works must have been completed within the last two years. All mediums are welcome: paintings, sculpture, fibre art, and more. Open to visual artists of all ages.
The RCAC would like to thank in advance, the Columbia Kootenay Cultural Alliance and Columbia Basin Trust for making this exhibition possible! These sponsors provide exceptional opportunity for unique, creative emerging and established artists to showcase their work in our community. Without their sponsorship, this event could not take place.
The winner of the “People’s Choice Award” will go home with $150 for the piece that receives the most audience votes.
Deadline for submissions is September 30th, 2019.
(Please note that this is a juried event and not all submissions are guaranteed a spot in this exhibition. You will be contacted in response to your submission.)
- Must be a member to register (register here link)
- All work submitted must be artist’s own original work.
- Student submissions encouraged.
- Deadline for submissions is September 30th, 2019
- Artists may submit up to 2 pieces max.
- Maximum size 36” x 48”.
- All mediums are eligible.
- Submissions with inappropriate or illegal content will not be accepted for jurying.
- All work must be recent i.e. made within the last two years.
- Submitting artists must complete the entire Artwork Submission Forms.
- All work accepted into the exhibition must remain in the exhibition throughout the entire showing from October 25th until October 27th.
- Artists may choose to offer their art for sale, but it is not required. If for sale, buyers are to contact you, the artist, directly via your contact info on the art label. The artist is to ensure delivery of any works sold to buyer. RCAC takes no commission from work sold in this exhibit.
- Any works accepted will have to be dropped off and picked up during the following times:
- Submission drop off at the Miners Hall October 24th 4-7pm
- All artists must collect work Sunday, October 27th 5pm – 8pm
- RCAC does not carry insurance for the art works exhibited. It will be the artists own responsibility to cover the insurance for their works for the duration of this event.