As an active, outdoor-oriented town, Rossland has a strong sports and recreation culture. As such, RCAC’s Youth Arts Education Program is focused on combining art with the sports that Rossland youth love. This program is for youth ages 9 to 18. For each of our workshops we can typically include 6 to 15 youth, although it does vary based on the nature of the workshop.
- Tristan Martin will offer two Cam Camps. Tristan’s camps share his passion for sport and filming using point-of-view cameras like GoPro. The workshop is open to riders age 9 and older and all skill levels. A final short video created by Tristan will showcase the footage collected over the course of the camp. This year we are hitting the Rossland trails and skatepark!
- Eric Gonzalez is one of the area’s most successful young videographers. He will offer a one-day workshop on storyboarding, shooting and scripting a short doc.
- Snowboard painting workshop with instructor Niva Harrison.
Dates for these workshops will be confirmed once we know that it is safe to convene.
RCAC's Youth Arts Education Program also includes an annual Arts Scholarship. This $250 scholarship is for a student going into an arts related program for their post-secondary studies. Applicable programs of study include:
- literary (creative writing, publishing)
- dance (performance, choreography)
- fibre arts and jewelry making
- film, video, audio/sound art new media
- theatre (acting, directing, technical, design, musical theatre)
- music (performance, composition, conducting, producing)
- visual arts, craft, and curatorial practice