Call for Artists
Scroll down to see all of our open call for submissions.
If you have any questions or require any accommodations or supports with completing an application please contact Meghan at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling or texting Meghan at 403-968-7019.
Submission Deadline is October 22, 2023
The Art of Adornment returns May 11, 2024!
Artists are invited to submit their wearable ensembles and accessories to this one of a kind show. The ensembles will strut their stuff down the catwalk and the exhibition of accessories will express creativity and design that we are sure will impress our jurors!
This sets out the requirements that each designer must comply with when submitting an entry for the Art of Adornment Awards:
- The official language of the competition is English, and all entries must be submitted in this language.
- Entries must be made through the online submission form and required photos completed by the deadline of Sunday, March 3, 2024. Required photos are to be sent to email@example.com only after the submission form has been completed with the artists name and title of entry in the subject line.
- Three photos are required: Front, Back and Side profile.
- Entries will be judged for acceptance and Designers will be notified by March 31, 2024 of acceptance and given instructions for art drop off.
- The physical entries submitted to Art of Adornment must be the same as the photographic images that have been supplied as part of the online entry process.
- All steps in the online submission process must be completed as instructed for an entry to be valid.
Submission Deadline is March 3, 2024
The following provisions set out entry requirements in respect of the Art of Adornment:
- Designers must enter under their own names and not as a collective or a business.
- Design teams can consist of no more than 2 designers.
- Designers must be 12 years of age or over as of January 2024.
- Designers can submit up to 2 entries per category.
- An entry can be submitted into one category only. Either Accessory or Ensemble.
- An entry into the ensemble category must be designed for 1 person to wear.
- No trade marks, logos or brand names can be used in an entry.
- An entry previously entered in an Art of Adornment competition but not selected for award may be entered again in a subsequent year if altered by at least 85%.
- An entry that has been shown in another competition prior to entering Art of Adornment is eligible for entry.
- All entries must be original work created within the last 2 years.
- RCAC and all other project collaborators and sponsors are not liable for damages, Designers must carry their own insurance.
- It is preferred that all work accepted is available throughout the entire showing and dropped off at the indicated time in submission/entry form. Artwork may be for sale, but it is not required.